What you'll be doing
As a member of the Chief Technology Office SPARC team you'd be working on several full-stack applications:
* Designing, architecting, and delivering products that aid our employees in adopting new technologies and products as part of the Chief Technology Office.
* Building our Communities of Practice platform to promote social learning within the firm
* Collaborating with our Workforce Strategy team to deliver solutions to enhance the employee experience.
* Maintaining and Operationally supporting these applications in Production (No 'out of hours' cover necessary).
If you are looking for new challenges and are passionate about creating great applications for your customers, we would like to hear from you! The right person for our team is a motivated self-starter since we're always learning new things and trying new technologies. You'll have the opportunity to pick up skills on-the-job, through formal training courses, the firm's social learning communities, and having the freedom to experiment with technology.
Experience in at least some of the following fields would be an indicator you'd be successful in this role:
* Experience with Scrum and Agile practices
* Full-stack experience building web applications with HTML5 frameworks like React and services frameworks like Spring Boot (Java 11+)
* Experience with, and interest in, continuous integration/continuous deployment
* API design and management experience are a plus
* Ability to work collaboratively both in person and remote.
* Experience of end to end automated testing (Cypress/Selenium)
Having any of the following skills would be considered advantageous:
* Exposure to Cloud architecture and development (AWS preferred but not exclusive).
* Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders
* A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
* Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
* Proven teamwork skills, pragmatic and adaptable
* Ability to actively listen to others
* Ability to work with multiple priorities
* An innate curiosity and interest continuously improving practices and skills.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.